Bloemfontein - Lawyers for disgruntled ANC members have brought yet another court application - this time seeking to both nullify the provincial congress which is currently under way and to stop the province's delegates from participating in the national elective congress this weekend.
Last week the High Court in Bloemfontein ruled that the provincial conference couldn't take place until 29 branch general meetings had been rerun.
On Sunday ANC Free State chairperson Ace Magashule, who is likely to be elected to the position again, said the provincial executive had complied with the court order.
However, attorney Hanno Bekker, who represents the disgruntled members, said on Monday: "There were 29 branches initially, but now more have come forward."
He said his clients were hoping to have the matter heard on Thursday and that only four respondents would be cited.